Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Half Wit


A man owned a small farm in South Carolina. the South Carolina Wage and Hours Department, running spot checks, wanted to check if he was paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "There's my farm hand who's been with me for three years. I pay him $500.00 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months and I pay her $300.00 per week plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10.00 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to..the half wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day...how's it going mate?

Shelley Munro said...

LOL at the half-wit.

Piglets are so cute. My father always has quite a few pigs and piglets on the farm running around. It's always fun watching them.

Sandra Cox said...

I be okay, how you, Ms. Amarinda?

Shel, I've heard they are very intelligent creatures. They are probably frustrated cosmetologist. They know all about mud packs:)

Molly Daniels said...

ROFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh Sandra:)

That's me, the half-wit during the 4th of July...just found out I'm not getting paid. The company has ripped us ALL off. I'm looking into action.

Sandra Cox said...

Yikes!