Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Pet's Ten Commandments


A Pet's Ten Commandments

1. I am likely to live for 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. Its crucial for my well-being.





4. Don't be angry with me and don't lock me up for long. You have your work, family, friends and entertainment. I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand the words, I understand the voice speaking to me.

6.Be aware of however you treat me, I will never forget.

7.Before you strike me, be aware that I could hurt you and I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food. Or I've been in the sun too long or my heart is getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.

10. On the ultimate journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

6 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Excellent wisdom!

Unknown said...

Even as a non pet person - still considering anti-social duck with attitude - I agree with all that. Pets take time and effort

Sandra Cox said...

Good evening, Ms. Anny:)

Amarinda, I like ducks, especially babies. They're as cute as kittens.

Shelley Munro said...

Sigh - I miss our little dog so much.

Sandra Cox said...

ahhh:(

Unknown said...

Pets are our babies and our kids as much as our human ones. They deserve as special of attention and care. The last couple make me sad, but it's true.